Upon completion of this program, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss physiology of asphyxia in the Neonate.
- Perform the initial ABC’s of resuscitation.
- Apply the correct use of oxygen to the Neonate during resuscitation.
- Demonstrate the leadership skills of evaluation and decision making during delivery of the Neonate who may need resuscitative steps.
- Assemble airway equipment necessary for airway management. Demonstrate basic and advanced techniques for managing a Neonate’s airway.
- Demonstrate basic and advanced techniques for managing a neonate’s airway.
- Successfully manage resuscitation efforts during evaluation stations.
- Demonstrate respect for patients’ culturally based health beliefs.
- Discuss challenges of cross-cultural communication.